Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Year and Some Resolutions

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a great time ringing in 2012!  I typically never make New Year's resolutions because I have a hard time following them. This year, I've decided to make a few and post them on my blog hoping that I'll be better about sticking to them if I've got others to hold me accountable.  So without further ado, here they are:

1. Start Blogging Again
Over the past three months I've completely given up on blogging, and it's something that I really miss.  I loved the creative outlet it gave me.  I've been really busy with work recently and I've let that be my excuse, but NO MORE.  My goal is to take time out once a week to make a post.



2. Feel Comfortable Shooting A Handgun
I'm still trying to figure out where I stand on guns, but to make an educated decision I need to feel comfortable shooting one.  Right now I'm absolutely terrified of them.  The thought that something so little and easy to shoot can end a life scares the dickens out of me.  But, I'm going to face my fears and attempt to learn proper gun etiquette, safe shooting measures, and hopefully develop a sure-shot while I'm at it.



3. Become More Active
It's completely unrealistic for me to even attempt to go to the gym on a weekly basis.  I hate working out, and I'm probably never going to love it.  Rather than set a goal for myself that is completely out of the realm of possibility,  I'm setting a guideline that is much more realistic for my lifestyle.  I want to take the stairs whenever possible, park further away from stores so I can get a few more steps in, and make any other little moves I can to be more active.  One major thing I want to start doing is walking downtown with Mr. T.  We live right on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, and it's about a 30-minute walk to some of our favorite restaurants and bars downtown. We love going out for afternoon beers and I'd love to start walking there.  




4. Eat Healthier, Fresher, and More Local Foods
Like I said above, I live right on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, and just a hop skip and jump away from the Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery.  The Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery is a locally owned store that offers grocery items and tasty baked goods. They have a great produce section and offer lots of local dairy products and meats. Their goal is to source at least half of their goods from within 150 miles of Greenville.  Prices are very reasonable and it's a great feeling knowing your money is staying local.  Frequenting this store is an easy way to attain this goal. 


So there you have it.  Those are my resolutions for the year.  I'll be posting throughout the year to update you on my progress, and hopefully I'll have some great moments to share while I've been working on my goals!  Did you make any New Year's resolutions this year?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Been missing your posts. Re exercise, I hate it too, but have found yoga to be the perfect solution. Works the body while completely destressing the mind. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...